Country house with ornamental gardens and woodland purchased by Rear Admiral the Hon. James William King in 1823. King enlarged the Regency style villa and made improvements to the grounds before selling Angley Park to the tobacco importer Mr Sackett Tomlin in 1869. Tomlin subsequently demolished the mansion and built a new one. His son Edward Locke Tomlin then extended this Victorian mansion with a stable block and gardens in the ‘romantic style of the Victorian garden’ and installed new lodge gates. After his death in 1929 the estate was broken up for sale and the Victorian mansion demolished by Edwin Brock.
Whitewell Lodge north east of the mansion on the A262 Goudhurst Road. Constructed of red brick in a neo-Georgian style to the designs of the Arts & Crafts architect Mervyn Macartney (1853-1932). Two storeys high with wooden framed casement windows. Pitched slate roof with lead sheet ridge and hip rolls. Pair of pilastered chimney stacks. Symmetrical elevation with central rounded arch gateway with large wrought iron gates.