Grade II listed entrance gate house to the former Goodrich Court at the side of the A40 at Pencraig (Between Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye). Dating from about 1830 in the Gothic style but greatly altered in the 20th Century.
Goodrich Court was a 19th Century, neo-gothic castle built by the antiquarian Sir Samuel Rush Meyrick and designed by the Gothic revival architect Edward Blore. Built with a local red sandstone the house included portcullis, battlements, a moat and towers. During World War II the castle was used by Felsted school, which was evacuated from Essex to the area. When the school relocated back to Felsted the castle was stripped of its fittings and finally demolished in 1949.