Grade II* listed Georgian country house on a 20 acre estate in Lancashire. Present house built by Thomas Harrison of Chester in 1795-1798 when the estate covered some 1900 acres. Remodelled by Alexander Mills in 1842. Sandstone ashlar 3 storey house with 5 bays on three sides, hipped slate roof and central Ionic entrance portico.
‘Postern’ North Lodge located on the A683 Lancaster Road. Built circa 1800 in the Classical Palladian style. Two storey central block flanked by two smaller wings. Constructed of sandstone ashlar with large oversailing pedimented roof with modillions at the eaves. East elevation has 2 unfluted Greek Doric columns in antis with entablature at 1st floor level. Doorway between columns and single window above with segmental arched head. Side wings with sliding slash windows and an entablature with blocking course. Pair of rusticated gate piers with wrought iron gates.