Former Italianate style house and gardens built for the Leverson Gower family and the Duke of Sutherland and Sheriff of Sutherland. Constructed of plastered brick and ashlar with an impressive porte-corchere and lofty tower. Remodelling work by the architect Sir Charles Barry circa 1840. Gardens and landscape designed as a serpentine park by Capability Brown from 1758 onwards.
Grade II listed entrance lodges built circa 1776 by Joseph Pickford of Derby for the 2nd Earl Gower. Constructed of ashlar in the Palladian style with pedimented gables. Slate roof with lead clad coping and small squat chimney stacks. Large round arch recess with 3×4 sash window with blind occulus above. String course at first floor level. Flanked by painted brick extensions circa mid 19th century with casement windows with glazing bars.