Ancestral home of the Earls and Marquesses of Abergavenny on the Kent and Sussex border. Neo-Georgian style mansion house designed by the architect John L. Denman. Built circa 1938 when Eridge castle was demolished. Extensive formal gardens and park land with protected ancient woodland.
Grade II listed entrance lodge built circa 1825 and probably designed by the architect John Montier of Tunbridge Wells. Known locally as Windmill Lodge. Lodge constructed of stone with half timbered upper floor. Pitched roof covered with plain tiles with decorative pierced bargeboards to gable ends. North elevation with crenellated entrance porch. West elevation with canted bay window. Central ashlar chimney stack with crenellated top. Flat top field gate flanked by pair of diagonally set rusticated stone pier, with coronet cap surmounted by bulls head.