Grovehurst Estate, Pembury, Royal Tunbridge Wells

Georgian mansion built circa 1840 in the style of Decimus Burton but demolished in the 1950’s. Miraculously the coach house with its wall mansion kitchen garden, the courtyard and its grounds still survive┬ádespite numerous attempts to redevelop the site for new housing and the construction of the bypass.

Two lodges also survive, one at the end of Cornford Lane and the other along the A264 Pembury Road, near to the entrance of Oakley School. Similar in appearance, built of brick with stone hood mouldings and quoins. Plain tile pitched roof with decorative barge board and hanging finial. Pairs of brick chimney stacks set diagonally.

Pembury Road

Cornford Lane