Neo-classical style manor House thought to be designed by Samuel Wyatt (1737-1807) or by his brother James Wyatt (1746-1813), built circa 1780 for Lord Hothfield. Simple elegant building with seven bays divided by pilasters and central pedimented doorway. Later extended at both ends to include a porch and carriage entrance. Park and mansion requisitioned in 1939 by the British Army. Estate purchased by Sir Reginald Rootes in 1947 and the old mansion demolished in 1954.
Small entrance lodge in the Victorian Gothic style assumed to belong to the former manor house. Constructed of London brick with overhanging hipped roof. Central recessed entrance door with eyebrow fanlight window above. Pointed arched casement windows with glazing bars. (Building not listed).