Country house with formal gardens designed by Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt for the antiquary Alexander Nesbitt. Built circa 1869, of stone ashlar in a simple Victorian Gothic style with a symmetrical facade. Purchased in 1920 by Frederick Eckstein, a partner in the firm of Wernher, Beit & Co and chairman of the Sudan Plantations Syndicate. After his death the estate passed to his son Sir Bernhard, who also had business interests in the Sudan. After Sir Bernhards death in 1948 the estate was broken up and sold. The house and stables now remain as freehold apartments.
Victorian entrance lodge south east of main house. Lodge constructed of stone ashlar with vertical tile hanging to upper storey. Clay tile roof with crested ridge tiles. Gable end with decorative finial and timber casement window. Iron entrance gates with scroll tops set between decorative iron piers emblazoned with coat of arms and lantern above.