Large Georgian manor house with medieval origins surrounded by both formal and wild gardens, park land and lake. Home of the Brudenell family since 1514 and the 7th Earl of Cardigan who led the Charge of the Light Brigade. Seven of the Brudenell family were Earls of Cardigan.
Impressive medieval style lodge and 4 centred arched gateway flanked by octagonal crenelated turrets with gargoyles and arrow slits. Built circa 1841, of Limestone Ashlar with a pitched slate roof with stone coped gable ends. Canted bay with crenellated parapet and small gable above. Timber framed windows with arched head and leaded lights. Moulded string course between floors. 4 centred arched doorway with decorative plaque above. Pair of ashlar octagonal chimney to western end.