The Mansion house at Old Warden Park was built in 1875 for Joseph Shuttleworth and designed by the prominent victorian architect Henry Clutton. Grade II* listed Jacobean style 3 storey house, mainly ashlar defined by multiple tall chimneys, high clock tower and canted bay windows. Today, Bedford College Services manage the mansion and the Shuttleworth College on behalf of the Shuttleworth Trust.
Grade II listed Jacobean style Lodge cottage also built in 1875. Located along Bedford Road, north of the village. Built in Yellow brick with stone dressings. Central half canted porch with square headed arcading to parapet. Stone coping and finial to gables. Identical lodge located north of Mansion house called Ickwell Lodge.