Estate and ancestral home of the Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick family. Located in the settlement of Hinton, near Bransgore, Hampshire.
Built in 1720 for Sir Peter Mews, MP for Christchurch and nephew of the Bishop of Winchester. Designed by an unknown architect with 20 acres of landscaped gardens. House damaged by fire in 1777. Restored and enlarged by Joseph Gervis Clarke in 1793 in the Palladian classical style. Garden terrace and ballroom added in 1905 and designed by local architect Harold Peto.
Cottage style lodge along the Ringwood Road, west of the main house. Built in 1899 of red brick with stone mullioned windows with decorative surrounds. Slate covered roof with two brick chimneys. Half timbered gables with decorative barge boards.
Second lodge of simpler appearance with white render at junction with A35. Neither building listed.