Large country house with formal terraced gardens originally owned by Sir William Tresham in 1438 and sold in 1619 to Sir William Cockwayne, Lord Mayor of London. In 1828 the hall was sold to the family of Thomas Hope (1769-1831) a Dutch banker.
House built of limestone ashlar with a Collyweston slate roof. Arranged around a courtyard with linking screen with Gothic style balustrade. Much altered and enlarged in the late 16th and early 17th centuries. Property perhaps more known for the unusual triangular Lodge in the grounds of the hall built by Thomas Tresham in 1592. A design that celebrates the Catholic faith.
Pair of identical entrance lodges, in the Gothic revival style. Built of ironstone ashlar with limestone dressings. Principal elevation with 3 bays divided by pilasters. Central recessed doorway with multiple arches. Pedimented gable with central traceried roundel and coping stones surmounted by pinnacles. Pointed arched windows with hood mouldings.